For the latest COVID-19 information please visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules
The State Government announced that from Saturday 26 June 2021, the COVID-19 restrictions affecting places of worship are as follows:
- The number of people allowed to attend a place of worship for Mass, private prayer or any gathering, is based on the 1 person per 4 square metre rule;
- Funerals are limited to 1 person per 4 square metres capped at 100 people, including the celebrant;
- Masks are compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces and places of worship;
- Singing by audiences and choirs at indoor venues or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- All organisations must continue to use QR Codes or manual sign-in registers, to enable fast contact tracing in the event of any community transmission.
It is critical everyone continues to practise COVID-safe behaviours, practising social distancing, staying home if unwell and getting tested if suffering from the mildest of symptoms.
The dispensation issued by Bishop Michael McKenna in relation to our Sunday obligation is still in effect.
Legal capacities for each church/building are:
- St Mary’s Church, Mudgee: 80 people
- St John the Baptist Church, Gulgong: 47 people
- St Malachy’s Church, Rylstone: 40 people
- St Dominic’s Church, Kandos: 50 people